BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was fixing to leave this morning and my car wont start....everything works lights, instruments, etc. but it wont start...it makes a whirring by the HVAC and radio controls! could anything around there be the problem or is it a dead battery....i dont know how the battery could have drained...:dunno: I am mad! help:cry: :cry: :banghead: :banghead: :ben: :ben: :tsk:

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a step...when i turn the key, it makes a clicking noise and the xenons flicker on and off....maybe a loose connection....i am calling the dealership in a minute...my car has had battery problems since day one

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,151 Posts
i had that on my 03m3

i am pretty sure it is the comp. you should have the car flatbeded
to the dealer and ask them for the new softwear for your car.
it makes it easy to start your car. in cold weather or if you did not
start your car for a few days. and if that isn't it they could find out what it is. but i am almost possitive that is what it is. you should look into it.
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
road side assistance flat-bedded my car to the dealer and i am waiting for an update..

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
yeah, same shiz happened to me on my 03 325ci, it's the computer, at the time they had to load the new software on to my comp, but the HQ in virginia didnt have it, so they sent it back. and now i dont have any problems, maybe just reset the comp. it's not the battery, its the comp. and make sure to ask the dealer if there are any recalled parts, mine had 4

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i already repaired the a/c problem...thats what happened when i bought the car and the battery was dead...they replaced the battery today...i hope this is a permanent fix!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts