E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i want to start off by saying that this started because i removed the module (GM5) from behind the glove box to get it sent to be fixed, once it came back the I connected the GM5 back without putting everything back in, just to test it and it fixed my door locking problem, the car started up fine and the convertible top and everything was working perfectly so i put the glove back up and started to clean my car. i moved the driver side seat forward to vacuum and it was moving really slow i had thought it was getting caught on something but it wasn't so i disconnected everything under the seat thinking something was loose and reconnected everything, this is when i notice the convertible button light flashing red and the seat belt light flashing red, also the abs light is very dim and flashing the convertible top wont open anymore. I go to turn on the car and hear a humming sound and loud clicks coming from the dash and every electrical component starts to flash on and off with each click but the engine does not turn at all . i do all the mechanical work on this car. I don't know what i [email protected] up if it was an electrical connection under the glove box or the seat got caught and caused a short (the battery is fine i checked it and the car wont jump start either). Please if someone knows in what direction to point me in, i'm assuming its a problem under the glove box but i don't really know or how to start to test everything to find the problem.

·
Registered
2004 BMW 325ci convertible
169 Posts
Start here:

you need to test your battery volts with a meter.

What you described tells me that your battery does not have enough voltage to energize the starter, ignition system and fuel pump.

Battery might have discharged while that module was out of the vehicle.

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
Start here:

you need to test your battery volts with a meter.

What you described tells me that your battery does not have enough voltage to energize the starter, ignition system and fuel pump.

Battery might have discharged while that module was out of the vehicle.
+1 on measure the battery voltage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts