BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so whats the best thing to wash and dry your car with? i have a black car and before i used to get a light circle when i dry it off. i dont want that with a bmw. what do you guys use, especially if you have black car.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
i use Eagle one car wash with two buckets....one with the soap and the other with water only to rinse the mitt. I dry with synthetic chamois. The most important factor here is technique dude. If u don't want swirl marks.....make sure you wipe/dry in a back and forth motion, in the same direction the air guides over the hood(front to back). Do not go in a circular motion because debris trapped under the wash mitt/chamois will cause swirl marks on your clearcoat. Minute scratches r less visible when they're linear then circular. Hope this helps.:thumbup:

·
--
718 Posts
I wash using a meguiars shampoo and viking chenille wash mitts. I clean the rims with some cheap turtle wax wash and regular cotton towels. Dry using microfiber towels from www.pakshak.com amazing quality and great service. For protection I use klasse all-in-one, and sealant glaze.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
man i just finished washing my new car for the first time and on my way home from my friends house where i washed it, the front wheels already have brake dust on them. how do you guys keep these things clean? seems like i would have to wash it every other day.

·
booo for body roll.
3,448 Posts
i use the california water blade to get off most of the water, then i use the absorber to pick up any water that is left behind.

·
--
718 Posts
I don't know about the absorber. I got one a few weeks ago and it always leaves lots of water behind. I usually have to wring it out 3-4 times while I'm drying and then go back over the car with a microfiber. They market the product as being able to dry a car completely in 2-3 minutes, but it's certainly not that easy. I'm probably going to get a waffle weave whenever I can bring myself to spend $20 on a towel. What do you think of the waterblade? I'm afraid of it scratching.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i used the absorber today. its a little annoying having to ring it out a lot but it left my car looking really good. i mean its advertise as drying the car in 2-3 minutes but we all know damn well that if you want to do a good job, thats not true. whats a waffle weave? ill pay $20 if it does an awesome job.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I use the Mothers car wash, when Im not waxing it, the CA blade to dry it, with the help of a chamois...

If I'm detailing it, I'll hit it with a leaf blower first, then the blade, then finish up with the chamois...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts