BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having the hardest time drying my car after washing it. I have the cal blade and the absorber but i still am not getting the job done. I get a lot of water off with the absorber. But a lot still remains. I tried using the absorber but it just smears the water and when it dries the car looks dirtier with water spots and marks. Can anyone help please?

·
Im The Man
1,265 Posts
I have this same prob. But when u wax or use QD the spots go away. Otherwise i think a MF drying towel will pickup where the blade left off.

·
Law Enforcer
2,476 Posts
Dude, the Absorber is the best thing to use for drying. You just have to ring it out, and go over the same spot again. I only use the Absorber on the M3, and it looks spotless every time. Always wash front to back and never in circles. I use Meguiars car wash (the pink one) :D

Attachments

·
Registered
461 Posts
I use a shammy over and over until it dries.. no spots... except when i slam the door after im done and water comes out of the sills!!:banghead:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i squeeze the sh!t out of the water every time from the absorber but it leaves streaks and sh!t. i've washed my car at least 10 times already and what the hell is a shamy? is it that leather piece i bought (chamois or watever?) wat's a MF drying towel?

·
1.888.JLEVISW
29,545 Posts
M3Inline6 said:
Dude, the Absorber is the best thing to use for drying. You just have to ring it out, and go over the same spot again. I only use the Absorber on the M3, and it looks spotless every time. Always wash front to back and never in circles. I use Meguiars car wash (the pink one) :D
I use this exact same method, mother's car wax and dry with absorber works like a charm every time:thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
do you just wipe the water with the absorber? i wipe it and it leaves streakes, and if i sit there trying to get all the water off and try to squeeze the water out of the absorber, i have like one spot that's really clean and the rest of the car has like water spots and looks dirty as hell

·
Im The Man
1,265 Posts
RoyKimGT said:
do you just wipe the water with the absorber? i wipe it and it leaves streakes, and if i sit there trying to get all the water off and try to squeeze the water out of the absorber, i have like one spot that's really clean and the rest of the car has like water spots and looks dirty as hell

The absorber sucks period. I have the dimpled griots garage one and it still does similar things. MF is the way to go. I saw one in action and it was SIC. its like $25-30.

·
May the farts be with you, always
6,729 Posts
after wash spray ur car with water and do 135 down the freeway:thumbup:

·
Law Enforcer
2,476 Posts
I also never wash my car when the sun is out. Usually I wash it at dusk/dawn or at night. I avoid any chance of water spotting.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts