BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 330i with the no sport-pack rims. I live in NYC(Queens) and it is really cold now. Rather than freeze my ass off and wash the car myself as i did during the summer, is there anything i would have to worry about if i put it through a brushless car wash. I am particularly worried about the possibility of my rims getting scratched when put through the track, since the tires don't stick out too much past the rims.

·
Registered
395 Posts
roller84 said:
I have a 2001 330i with the no sport-pack rims. I live in NYC(Queens) and it is really cold now. Rather than freeze my ass off and wash the car myself as i did during the summer, is there anything i would have to worry about if i put it through a brushless car wash. I am particularly worried about the possibility of my rims getting scratched when put through the track, since the tires don't stick out too much past the rims.
take it to a hand car wash..or if u want to take a trip right across the GWB to an excellent wash place..send me a PM.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Laser wash? My cousin had the worst luck with his BMW when he took it through one of them...one of the nozzles flew off, hit his front bumper and made a HOLE in it...that's right, the pressure of the water blew the nozzle through his front bumper, imagine if that had gone through his windshield...

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I went through a brushless, didn't scratch the paint.

You also have to be careful of the tire track height, otherwise your rims could get dragged on the side of the rails all the way through.

Nothing beats hand wash and you save money and you know it's not going to be damaged unless you do it yourself.

·
Registered
381 Posts
if it is one of those touchless car wash places they should have an area where they do it by hand . you should ask the workers there to see if they have anyone that can wash your car outside. rather have them freeze their azz than your own. because of my rims and the height of the car i had to use this method becasue the track will not fit my wheels and it would scrape the track if my car does go through. price might be a little higher also.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I take mine through the Esso Touchless washes once a week with no ill effects. Great in winter. I dunno if you Americans have these, but they work really well and I've seen no problems with em yet. I sure as hell ain't handwashing my car when its -20. :)

Bart

·
Registered
390 Posts
roller84 said:
Hey man.. I am in the same fix.. I just got my 330Ci.. live in Queens also.... Hillside Ave.. and I dunno what to do about washing it... Its mad cold these days... There is Lage on Crossbay Blvd and Linden Blvd..... I think I might go there..

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
CrazyBimmer said:
you will be fine, the 17s wont touch the track. Most of the tracks arent that high to touch 17s.

I thought so to, but I have 3 scratches to prove I was wrong.

Live and learn I guess.

:banghead:

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
BMWERKEN said:
Suck it up you wusses!!!:tsk: :flipoff: :D :D :D

J/K guys, I can really feel your pain, I mean, I had to muscle it in 75 degree weather today to wash my car:eeps: :eek: :thumbup: :thumbup:

:flipoff:

·
1st FULL '02 ACS 330i
576 Posts
Just go to one of those places where you park your car in a stall and spray it with a hand held pressure washer gun. I go twice a week. If I hurry I can spray the whole car with soap and rinse it off in under 4 minutes :thumbup: It's the best value for 2 bucks that I spend. Just don't put that spray gun too close to the paint.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Brandon_Ottawa said:
Just go to one of those places where you park your car in a stall and spray it with a hand held pressure washer gun. I go twice a week. If I hurry I can spray the whole car with soap and rinse it off in under 4 minutes :thumbup: It's the best value for 2 bucks that I spend. Just don't put that spray gun too close to the paint.
2 bucks!!!!!!!????? thats sooooooo cheap. i paid $7.99 at Esso.

·
Registered
52 Posts
BMWERKEN said:
Suck it up you wusses!!!:tsk: :flipoff: :D :D :D

J/K guys, I can really feel your pain, I mean, I had to muscle it in 75 degree weather today to wash my car:eeps: :eek: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Ahhh...A nice balmy 15 degrees F. I don't think so

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,988 Posts
hi hit wrong button

check my post on where to wash car. wanted to put it here but hit wrong button. but check it out will help you.
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts