BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I need to wash my car bad and I am up at school so I dont have my drive way or my hose.....lol I used thoes self spray booths but I feel like they dont get the car clean unless you get real clse and then I feel like I am blowing the wax off my car.....

Anyone have any sugestions???

Is it too cold to wash the car can I do any damage???

Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Allston Car Wash in Allston.
Allston Car Wash
It's a ways from Milton, but they do an excellent job - vacuum interior, hand towel dry, and clean inside glass. Just make sure you tell them not to use air freshener. Took the M3 there on Saturday. Man, were they ever busy.

·
Registered
236 Posts
On Copeland Street Quincy is a self serve car wash, and Pristige Auto grooming on Willard St in Quincy. Both are just a few miles from Milton Square.
I use the one on Copeland all the time during the winter. It is quick, easy and does a decent job. Not great but then the car never stays clean for long during the winter.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I use the one on Copeland all the time during the winter. It is quick, easy and does a decent job. Not great but then the car never stays clean for long during the winter.

The ONLY problem with all those self serve car washes is that they recycle the water, so your car never seems 100% clean.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hancock street in quincy, next to The Egg and I, touchless car wash and self serve bays too. Thats where I go during the week when Im working. Dont go there if you have a convertible. I took my old 325Cic there thinking touchless would be okay....you'd be surprised how many leaks those E46 softtops can spring. yikes.

·
Registered
236 Posts
The ONLY problem with all those self serve car washes is that they recycle the water, so your car never seems 100% clean.
Another problem is they won't let you dry your car there. Even with their spotless rinse you will get water spots. But I guess it is better than having your car caked in salt and dirt.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks!!!

I now use the Alston car wash it a bit of a drive but I go in to Boston so when I am there I stop by....... Nothing beats a hand wash and dry!!!

Thanks again!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I live on Hinckley road in milton and i have to say that by far, the best place to wash your car is Mattapan car wash. Its right on Blue Hill ave and they do a great job... the auto wash is pretty good, and they will do a REALLY good detail job if you want to spend the ~$100 to get it done. And i personally think that their detail job is much better than prestige. :shhh: And they also have the self wash booths. so thats just my $.02 being a local... but please let me know if you find a better place. later...

·
Registered
41 Posts
The best place in MASS to get your car washed by far is the car wash located in the parking garage in the cambridge gallaria mall. not sure what its called but they do a GREAT! job. and they do everything. im headed up there this weekend to get my car washed

1 - 14 of 14 Posts