E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2002 330 Ci
3,152 Posts
That's terrible news to get. I hope you get compensated fairly.

My e53 was hit and totaled 3 months ago by a red light runner.

I managed to get almost 8k for it by providing 8k to 10k like examples that were listed for sale on FB and other sites.

I also provided all receipts for everything that I had done on it in the last month.... which was a lot!

Just don't lose your cool and get them to empathize with you. It wasn't just a car, it was your passion.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2002 330 Ci
3,152 Posts
2006+ don't all have idrive. The majority of the E90 cars lack it. 2006 330i manuals are rare because they only made that E90 model for one year. The idrive used in 2006-2008 was called the CCC. They switched to a newer model for 2009 and up known as CIC.
Avin makes a plug and play touch screen head unit that fits like factory and let's you switch between idrive and it's Android interface.

Works with all the controls in the car. You can control the android screen with the round idrive selector thing too.

·
Premium Member
2002 330 Ci
3,152 Posts
Thanks for all the ideas. I like the e46 because I’m completely set up for programming modules and comfortable with that era‘s tech (i.e. non-tech) and the following 2006+ cars have iDrive 1.0 which I despise and there isn’t a good other option for that system that I’m aware of (Like there are in e46 re CarPlay or BlueBus). I’m considering a 2002 e39 525iT wagon with a manual swap, but I wish it was the 330 or at least the 328 for a car that heavy. Looks like good records but i don’t have a good resource yet for all the common issues like I know so well on e46. I think it still might be m52/54?
I find the e60/e90 platform a whole lot easier to work on. Troubleshooting and repair isn't as bad as you think.

There is protool for troubleshooting and coding of modules. Very powerful and reliable.

Just stay away from the 335i to avoid the twin turbo trauma you'll get when they have issues. The N54 is a rock solid motor and will run forever, just like the M54. But also like the m54 it needs everything around it to be working well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts