BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2005 BMW 325i and the key unlock and lock does not work, unless I do it from the outside. If i take the key OUT of the ignition and open the driver's door, there is a constant beep that occurs even though ALL lights are turned off, and key is NOT inside the ignition. I'm pretty sure it is because of this (the fact that the car thinks that the key is being "left" inside the car,) that the remote lock and unlock functions do not work. EVERYTHING else works (cruise control, wipers, turn signals, steering controls), and I've been told this is NOT a GM5 issue at all. ANY ideas what this could be? the ignition cylinder has also always felt like there was a little more play than there should be (i directly compared it to my father's 2003 3 series). Not sure if that helps. I also know it's not a battery issue as the key has been tested multiple times, and has always given off a frequency, meaning the key is perfectly fine. Thanks in advance!!!!

·
Premium Member
28,970 Posts
Check fuses #57 & #67.

It's not likely an ignition switch related issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check fuses #57 & #67.

It's not likely an ignition switch related issue.
I***8217;ve checked both fuses and they are both fine. I also don***8217;t think it***8217;s an ignition switch issue. I have a feeling the key slot feeling very loose has something to do with this

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
I've checked both fuses and they are both fine. I also don't think it's an ignition switch issue. I have a feeling the key slot feeling very loose has something to do with this
I doubt it. Hook up a diagnostic computer like INPA, PA Soft, GT1/DIS or ISTA/D and check the status and fault codes of the immobilizer module (EWS). Is it detecting the key when present and not detecting it when not present when looking at the live data from the module? Somehow your problem is with the immobilizer module.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts