E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so my car lost some functions after I installed some silver guage rings a week or so ago. First off, I can't cycle the temp./MPG/MPH settings, I just get get the time. Secondly, my right side mirror no longer adjusts when backing. Also the washer fluid light is on now. So I took it to a local BMW mechanic and he blames all the malfunctions on my headlights. I have P46's installed and they've been in for a month now. There were no problems at all after I installed them and these problems all came after unplugging the guage cluster then plugging it back in. The mechanic wants me to drop the car off with him so he can test the entire system down to every wire. Not gonna happen since the car will be shipped in the next week or two. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
You need a new mechanic.. check to make sure the mirror selsctor is NOT set to the right mirror, it will override the auto tilt function. Not being able to cycle the temp etc is proabably due to the gauge ring install. I would check to make sure the right knob that sticks through the clear gauge cover is not jammed... Fill your washer fluid bottle

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree about a new mechanic. The selector switch for the mirror is not the problem. Washer fluid is full. I checked the knobs already but will check again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts