BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was reading about the subframe damage and all... and i'm kinda new to the whole subframe thing... but i just noticed that when i make turns it makes these cranking/crunking noises like it's rubbing something... but after a while driving.. it goes away... but now... i get it no matter how long i drive when i make turns.. it makes that sound... i'm scared to drive it.. but i have to.. anyone got any ideas why?.. i may just take it to a auto shop and listen to a buncha bs crap that i have to reaplce.. and end up replacing crap that i dont need.. so input would be awesome!!! thanks in advance

or if anyone in the MD area wanna inform me of shops they go to.. (good ones) that would be cool 2!!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
definitely sounds like your control arms and control arm bushings, more than likely its jsut the arms but if you are going to replace the control arms you might as well do the bushings they will eventually wear out anyway. hope this helps

·
Registered
13,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
the controls arms were JUST replace like... less than a year ago

hey 330ci.. i've read it.. and seen the pics... like i said on the other post.. my dad is getting ready to sue... cuz it's dangerous

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
kevmo said:
the controls arms were JUST replace like... less than a year ago

hey 330ci.. i've read it.. and seen the pics... like i said on the other post.. my dad is getting ready to sue... cuz it's dangerous
Count me in on the Law Suits.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts