E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys car just hit 70k. I haven't done anything other than change the oil every 8000 miles since my last visit to the dealership before the warranty ran out. What kind of maintenece should I be doing? Spark plugs, tranny fluid, etc..?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Insp II

kartele said:
Ok guys car just hit 70k. I haven't done anything other than change the oil every 8000 miles since my last visit to the dealership before the warranty ran out. What kind of maintenece should I be doing? Spark plugs, tranny fluid, etc..?
Yea, inspection II although you might find a good independent BMW mech to do it. When I had mine done dealer wanted $800 just to "check" things on the list and do the plugs. I found a Dinan authorized independant BMW shop that for $500 did insp II, changed tran and diff fluid, and replaced some belts which needed it. (plus gave me a free loaner for the day :) ) BTW, the diff and trans. fluids will not be done by the dealer as part of insp II, they will be extra.

good luck

·
Registered
218 Posts
kartele said:
Are you saying that you have 70K miles on the car and so far you have only
done oil changes??
:eek:mg:

Okay here is what comes to mind if the above is true:

Change all fluids: tranny, rear diff, coolant, brake fluid
Replace: fuel filter, spark plugs, both belts, waterpump, thermostat
check and replace if needed: front CA bushings and balljoints, airfilter, cabin filter, brake pads and rotors, coolant system and power steering hoses,

At 70K miles I would start with the waterpump if not already done. It is
a timebomb at this mileage. I did mine at 53K and was already nerveous.
I hope I didn't forget anything major.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No I've done the pads and rotors, and the dealership did the control arm bushings while it was under warranty. What I meant was that the I personally haven't done anything other than change the oil since the warranty ran out. However while it was under warranty the dealership did quiet a few things, not sure what out of the list that you mentioned I'll have to double check.
Thanks for the input though :thumbup:
hm328i said:
Are you saying that you have 70K miles on the car and so far you have only
done oil changes??
:eek:mg:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.