BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i decided to start this thread because after looking through so many threads and websites about my issue. alot are closely similar but not entirely the same. ok so heres my problem. my car is misfiring to the point where it shakes really bad. itll start and drive but itll drive to 20 mph and then it takes a while to accelerate after that. theres days when it starts fine with no misfiring until i try driving it. ive recently stopped driving it because it stalls out when im idling at a stop and then it takes a while to turn on after that. ive checked the codes for it and got p1351 p1353 p0444.
What ive already done

changed the spark plugs out
switched 5 coil with another good one and misfiring didn't switch
replaced ccv
checked compression
changed out the fuel filter/fuel pressure regulator (it was under warranty)
cleaned disa maf throttle body and idle air control valve
really thinking it could be the fuel pump?

ive about given up hope and need some helpful advice because i really dont want to take it to the stealership
almost forgot i have 2001 bmw 325i

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Questions.

a) Were there any leaked oil in the combustion chamber?
b) Are there any visible damage on ignition wiring harness?
c) Have you tested ignition coils? (multimeter, ohm value)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A) not any that I saw
B) it looked fine to me
C) I have not checked the ignition coils (what ohms) is it suppose to range?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I don't have specific resistance value, it might be stated in Bentley manual.
Check every ignition coil, and ignition wiring harness connector and see if each of them has similar range. Bremi coils were recalled for being faulty, but yours is not subject of recall unless they were replaced with used ones from 09/2002 to 12/2004.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Sounds like you've got a serious vacuum leak; I'd suggest a vacuum leak test to find out where the leak exists. Start with the intake boots and proceed from there. Just my two and a half cents worth...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just checked the coils they were all good and I've checked for vacuum leaks already and none that I could find.. Tried starting it right now and now it won't even start.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

1 - 8 of 8 Posts