E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my way home a car ran a red light and of course I had to be right in front of my car. So pissed right now. I had two witnesses and the other driver was ticketed. Really hoping that it is not totaled but it does look to good from some of the threads I have seen on here.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Personal luxury car

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I have full coverage so at least I'm fine on that end. My arms look like I blocked a baseball bat, outside of that the car did it's job and protected me. I just got married in January and my wife(from the UK) just got her green card. We are living off one wage. I'm just hoping I don't get screwed and cant get another e46. If do get an e46 it will prob be a ZHP, M3 is not in the cards right now. Thanks guys, looks like I will in the hunt for another black 330 e46(manual).

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Yea I have full coverage so at least I'm fine on that end. My arms look like I blocked a baseball bat, outside of that the car did it's job and protected me. I just got married in January and my wife(from the UK) just got her green card. We are living off one wage. I'm just hoping I don't get screwed and cant get another e46. If do get an e46 it will prob be a ZHP, M3 is not in the cards right now. Thanks guys, looks like I will in the hunt for another black 330 e46(manual).

Find an attorney today & go see a doctor today= buy a new M3 with proceeds from negligent driver ;)

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Find an attorney today & go see a doctor today= buy a new M3 with proceeds from negligent driver ;)
Wait what? I'm not hurt at all...why would I do something skeezy just to get an M3? Heck I'm not even sore one bit, I work with attorney's day in and day out and none of them would even take a case like this. Plus on top of that an M3 is more work to upkeep then ZHP or a regular 330. I'm not ready to jump into an M3 IMO.

so OP should be compensated with more than he lost???

OP, pics?
I'm either going tonight or Saturday to get the BBS rims off the car, so I'll take more at the yard were the car is.

The American Way.

That sucks OP, I think that is going to be totalled. Look at the bright side, at least you can get Xenon package on ur next one ;)
Yea I had been thinking for a long time about upgrading them.

I'm going to be looking now for a un-molested ZHP(Hopefully Black) manual.

·
Registered
10,653 Posts
Yeah the attorney recommendations are always stupid. it's called an accident for a reason. unless the other person was willfully and maliciously trying to injure you, there's no reason to "get an attorney."
I agree. I was in the same situation a few weeks ago. There are called "accidents" for a reason.

Best of luck to the OP. I went the ZHP route myself and am quite happy.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I agree. I was in the same situation a few weeks ago. There are called "accidents" for a reason.

Best of luck to the OP. I went the ZHP route myself and am quite happy.
I would have bought your bumper.

I may have to look out of state to find the car I want. I'm picky so this may take some time :facepalm:

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Whammy

So let me see if I can get the list straight for a 330 with the ZHP package has the following characteristics

1. 2003-2005
2. M-tech II rear and front bumper
3. Style 135 wheels
4. high gloss black Window Trim
5. Cubed trim(Black or silver)
6. Aantara-wrapped sports steering wheel
7. Short M-badged shifter
8. Gauge cluster with red needles and polished metal trim rings
9. Refresed front

Am I missing anything?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Whammy

So let me see if I can get the list straight for a 330 with the ZHP package has the following characteristics

1. 2003-2005
2. M-tech II rear and front bumper
3. Style 135 wheels
4. high gloss black Window Trim
5. Cubed trim(Black or silver)
6. Aantara-wrapped sports steering wheel
7. Short M-badged shifter
8. Gauge cluster with red needles and polished metal trim rings
9. Refresed front

Am I missing anything?
Yes, the mechanical differences.

Sent from my Evo 4g using Bimmer

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
why would I do something skeezy ..................

I'm either going tonight or Saturday to get the BBS rims off the car, so I'll take more at the yard were the car is.
My approach is legal, lol. Are you going to replace the BBS wheels? What type of attorneys do you work with? Obviously not personal injury otherwise they'd be all over this.

Your arm is bruised.....you have no car. The idiot ran a light, it's not an ACCIDENT. It's negligence. If this idiot ran over your kid, would you feel it's an "accident"?

Insurance will not pay for all the care and effort and mods nor will they pay for a BMW e46 fanatic rental while you are without a car. they price them as just a commodity. careful with what you remove, that will only de-value their offer further.

Compensation is in order IMHO, if he wrecked an Audi, I might have different feelings ;)....

When all you nay-sayers have your car wrecked by "accident", I look forward to your point of view then.

Certainly everyone can choose to do what they want. For me, an idoit that runs a red light should pay through the nose, otherwise, he will be at it again. There are accidents and then there are negligent fools on the road.

:popcorn:

·
Registered
424 Posts
His arm is bruised.....he has no car. The idiot ran a light, it's not an ACCIDENT.

Insurance will not pay for all the care and effort and mods nor will they pay for a BMW e46 fanatic rental while he is without a car....

Compensation is in order IMHO....

:)

When all you nay-sayers have your car wrecked by "accident", I look forward to your point of view then.

:popcorn:
And sometimes your back or neck don't get sore until a day or two later, just like working out.

Did the air bag go off?

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.