BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know...lately when I look at my car, there seems to be bigger gaps between the fender lips and top of tires on the passanger side of the car. The drivers side looks lower. I try to look at this everywhere I park because I realize if I am not on level ground it might add to this illusion. It always looks the same.....what do u think?

·
Addicted to Torque!
1,498 Posts
Honestly I think that the left side of BMW's looks slightly higher or actually may be.

I do know that when I installed coil overs, the left side was always higher even though the settings on the coils were the same. When I sat in my car it evened out perfectly. Coudl just be that BMW compensates ot designs the car to balance when a single driver is in the vehicle.

dont worry.....it it most likely an illusion anyhow. :thumbup:

·
moderation in all things
898 Posts
Bill97Z said:
I don't know...lately when I look at my car, there seems to be bigger gaps between the fender lips and top of tires on the passanger side of the car. The drivers side looks lower. I try to look at this everywhere I park because I realize if I am not on level ground it might add to this illusion. It always looks the same.....what do u think?
interesting... u would think that since the battery is on the passenger side, that it would be lower...

:dunno:

·
Masterdebator
1,578 Posts
yeah, don't the headers start on the passenger side as well?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Bill97Z said:
Damn , u know what? I was thinking the same thing before. I told the dealer and they were like the couldn't see anything, but I always have this feeling that my left side fender gap is much lower. I have replaced my springs and shocks, but it still looks the same:banghead:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts