BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
eh.
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got into an accident new yrs eve (what a way to end the yr) and my car just got towed from my driveway on its way to the bodyshop.. i was wondering, after looking at the guy setting up the chains, he said there are no holes in bmws for the hooks to go in so he wraps the chains around my rims and axel.. i was wondering if that is gonna do any damage to the car..?

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,782 Posts
sorry to hear :sad:

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,782 Posts
oh and there are hooks on both bumpers

·
eh.
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mine was on a flatbed too.. and there are holes in the bumpers i told him but he just ignored me.. that bastard is gonna pay for damages my cars already messed up

·
I holla
1,668 Posts
that's how the guy did it when my car was towed. he wrapped the chains around the axel.

he was about to wrap it through my 19's but then he noticed i was looking at him funny.

·
hammer talks like this
4,220 Posts
i got mine towed on a flat bed and guy used tow hook... didnt really car though cause it was towed to my house by the first tow trunk by a regular tow truck and my car was busted so i didnt give a fcuk any more... haha

·
Slow in, slower out
4,652 Posts
Take a look at your rear lower control arms. They are a popular tie down spot for tow truck guys and may have been used rather than the half shafts as you stated. Securing the car by the lower control arms results in bent arms which usually fail catastrophically later.

Ed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts