E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GRRRR :banghead: I was at an intersection and reved it a little and the RPM's totally bounced around and car died! I was like "WTF" this is not supposed to happen its a BMW not a $h1tty honda hehe...but anywho Ive taken it in to delaership and they say..."we cant replicate the problem" and dont do anything about it. I guess BMW of San Diego SUCKS.

Any clues to what it might be? I heard that It could be the alternator therefore it takes away from the revs or somehing like that?!?! any info please post...THX

p.s. 1 last thing when I was cruising on the freeway at about 80 or so...my turn off was comming up so I decided to just put it in neutral and let it ride out till the turn off guess what..my car DIES RPM's go all the way down then BOOM car dies! again...WTF:banghead:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Could be a VANOS problem.

I had a VANOS problem that produced something like what you described, but my car never got to the point of completely stalling.

They replaced my VANOS system and the problem is now gone.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx for the post...anyone else...please help?!?!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was going to say Idle Control Problems also. Could be the alternator, bc i have blown 2 up, and it would do something of that nature when they screwed up. Ran off the battery for 2 days once before i noticed i had no voltage. Oops

1 - 7 of 7 Posts