BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I did a search on this and couldn't find much in recent history. I would like to get a cover for my '06 325ci. I'm in SC so I'm not talking about harsh winter covers, but I would like to have something to keep it clean and the dust out when I park it with the top down and I'm planning on going out again later. I feel like I'm putting the top up and down way too frequently and it works perfect, but don't want to wear it out.

Any recommendations? I would like a snug fit, but doesn't have to be perfect. Just weather resistant, breathable and soft on the inside.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I bought a "Noah Blockit" from BAV Auto for around $200 November 2015. It's a decent cover that protects from most of the things that affect your car, dust, dirt, UV's etc. it's made of a breathable fabric made from Kimberly Clark (I believe). Fits my coupe very well. I use mine to cover my car up to 4 days a week while it sits at an airport in Florida.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I use a single-layer cover intended for inside use only. I use it only while the car is in the garage to keep it clean. It spends most of the winter under the cover and I have had no signs of damage to the paint. I would not use one outside because of wind buffeting and rain beating on the cover which will make the cover move and could possibly damage the paint.

I also have a cockpit cover that fits over the windshield I use this when I have the car out and don't expect it to rain. This protects the interior from dust, night time dew, and sun damage. It would probably do well with a very light rain but I wouldn't trust it in a heavy rain.

There was a thread on this cockpit cover some time ago but doing a quick search, I couldn't find it.

Edit: Look on you tube for the video of the cockpit cover. Look under "BMW cockpit cover".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts