E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for car cover experts. I'm moving to a house that doesn't have a garage right now, we are planning on building one but for the meantime I would like to buy a cover for my e92 m3 and my 330ci. We are in south Carolina and would like to get something good. I see so many options and a huge price range between all of them. My main concern is sun and uv rays, what would be a good cover that doesn't break the bank, looking to spend $400 THE MOST per cover. I see some brands that are around $200 with life time warranty but I also see some for $400 with 5 to 6 years warranty.
I had plans to buy the BMW cover but I realized its just for indoors.

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Premium Member
5,228 Posts
Biggest thing is to make sure whatever cover you get specifically says it's for outdoor use. The materials and construction of an outdoor cover vs an indoor storage cover will vary greatly. May want to check places like Hagerty and YouTube for recommendations.

·
Registered
211 Posts
BMW offered E46 covers for both indoors and outdoors (and I think the US market got a Noah fabric outdoor cover as well). The normal outdoor one has long been out of production, but I think you can still find the Noah version for sale in the US, and it seems like it would fit some of your requirements. No first hand experience

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
I bought this one and have used it 1 summer. The thermal rejection is amazing.

Even sitting outside in the Las Vegas sun the interior of the car felt cool. Basically its like putting the car in the garage. The cable lock and elastic corners did a good job of keeping it on the car even when it was windy.

I have a garage now so I don't use it.

CoverKing a from AutoAnything.

Coverking Silverguard Plus Custom Outdoor Car Cover
2003 BMW 3-Series
(325i, sedan)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts