E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I went and listened to the w7 10 and 500/1. It didn't sound as great as I thought I would. That could have been in part because it wasn't installed in my car (it was in a little room in Tweeter) and the headunit might not have been tuned properly. When they put the 1200 kicker amp to it, it hit so hard. But i don't know if i want to spend that much. There is no question I will go with the JL Amp. The price quotes that I got were as follows:

JL 10 W7, JL 500/1, JL ported box, monster cables, RCAs, installed after taxes: 1020

JL 10 W7, JL 1000/1, JL ported box, monster cables, RCAs, installed after taxes: 1420

I don't know if I should spend that much money on a system. Is there any other systems that would pound just as hard and still have the same quality without having to spend an arm and a leg? Please give me some suggestions. Or do you think this is a great investment? :D

Thanks in advance

·
OG e46fanatics lurker!
1,973 Posts
oh gosh, thats a lot of money...tweeter isnt always the cheapest place to buy car audio...try checking online and keep reading the board...you might find the motivation to do it yourself and save a couple hundred dollars :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is the "Friends and Family Price" I believe if i were to just get the parts it would be about 900 bucks with the 500/1 amp. What do you guys think about the 600/2 Phoenix Gold Amp. That is looking pretty good to me.

·
OG e46fanatics lurker!
1,973 Posts
ARCTIC328 said:
That is the "Friends and Family Price" I believe if i were to just get the parts it would be about 900 bucks with the 500/1 amp. What do you guys think about the 600/2 Phoenix Gold Amp. That is looking pretty good to me.
thats not such a bad price.:) i thought maybe you were asking if you could do better with different equipment but with comparable sound at around the same amount of money from those configurations mentioned above. but if you got money to burn, then i'd say go for it:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts