E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
ouroboros autorotica
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I am setting up my system. I dont need to have a cap, but, I am thinking a cap or two for "blingage" would be a good idea. So I am looking for suggestions/opinions on caps.

thanks,

rob

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
rdsesq said:
So, I am setting up my system. I dont need to have a cap, but, I am thinking a cap or two for "blingage" would be a good idea. So I am looking for suggestions/opinions on caps.

thanks,

rob
For looks? Not sure about how much better a cap will make your stereo look. In fact, I think they are more of an eyesore.

·
Registered
7,605 Posts
You need about 1 farad per 1000 watts of amplification. If you want to waste your money on more, just for looks is fine, just have to be careful. Capacitors store a lot of energy and can be dangerous if not use properly.

·
Registered
44 Posts
ca1242 said:
You need about 1 farad per 1000 watts of amplification. If you want to waste your money on more, just for looks is fine, just have to be careful. Capacitors store a lot of energy and can be dangerous if not use properly.

Not sure a cap would be worth it.. imho :dunno:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.