BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off. I have seearched all over this forum and have tried useing a wire to short pin 7 and 19 for 3-5 secvonds in position 1 and position 2. have tried to access the onboard computer via OBD2 and using the dashboard. holding the left botton and putting it into position one seeing the test 01. thing. :banghead:

I am at my wits end. someone please help. However i am not gonna buy a :censor: peake tool. i do not want to spend like 100 bucks to change my own :censor:eek:il. thats not acceptable to me. i may goto the BMW dealer if this still wont work..

So guys i really need some help.......

i got a 99 323i with a sport package. ...............

·
///Swinny
27,498 Posts
The BMW dealer is gonna charge you more than 100.00 just to reset the thing.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
3,904 Posts

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what mileage does the oil maintence reminder has now?
2500, the previous owner believe in 15k oil changes....... i do not.....

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So i tried it. Used a paperclip to put into the pin 7 hole. and then used a small gauge wire with gator clips on either end to ground it properly. tried position 1, tried position 2, tried holding the trip counter button and doing it. :nono:

:wtf: :facepalm:

please guys what am i doing wrong?

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you're using a paperclip :facepalm:
last time a i checked a paperclip was as good as a wire. but for your information i also tried a 16 gauge solid copper wire about 10 minutes ago. same result. :facepalm:

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so an update.

I have tried the pin thing, I have tried grounding it to a bolt, i have tried holding the left odo button and all i have gotten is a test menu. No reset menu. does anyone know which test menu option is the reset one?

·
Registered
20,209 Posts
so an update.

I have tried the pin thing, I have tried grounding it to a bolt, i have tried holding the left odo button and all i have gotten is a test menu. No reset menu. does anyone know which test menu option is the reset one?
It's not one of the test menu options.

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's not one of the test menu options.
i was also kinda hoping that someone had a list of what all the test menu options are.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts