E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took apart my cars interior last summer to suede wrap it, and I forgot to put this one tiny stretch spring back in. It goes on the seat-belt adjuster on the pillars and it just adds tension to the adjuster button on the pillar. It's a tiny coil spring with loops on each end. I found one of them in my trunk in one of the many ziplock bags that I had labeled, but the 2nd ones lost.

I found the seatbelt adjuster on realoem but it doesn't specify the individual parts.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=EV53&mospid=47725&btnr=72_0301&hg=72&fg=05

Autozone doesn't have anything like it, and I'm not sure where else I could find something similar. I tried using a really tiny rubber band but it doesn't have enough pull.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I would see if you can pick up the entire assembly in the 'parting out' section. Probably your best bet. It doesn't look like BMW sells it separately.

You could try bavarian auto recycling, but i'm willing to bet they sell as an assembly...

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,764 Posts
The part on realoem is $24, so maybe $20 online for whole thing. If you have the other spring, just take it to HD to match closely.

HTH

1 - 3 of 3 Posts