E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was shooting with my EOS 20d with the 24-70mm 2.8L lens and the camera locked up and displayed ERR 99. This is the first occurance I've had. Is it a common error and is there a fix?

The firmware is the latest version, btw.

Thanks

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,482 Posts
i wouldn't say "common". But it can occur and its a frequently seen error. Its a "general" error.

I've gotten it out of the fluke before.

Check your contacts on the lens. make sure their clean and alos the contacts on the camera. It shouldnt happen again.

If it happens consistently, then better to check the camera with a service.

Swap the lens. make sure its not the lens at fault. Try the lens on another body.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lilherc79 said:
i wouldn't say "common". But it can occur and its a frequently seen error. Its a "general" error.

I've gotten it out of the fluke before.

Check your contacts on the lens. make sure their clean and alos the contacts on the camera. It shouldnt happen again.

If it happens consistently, then better to check the camera with a service.

Swap the lens. make sure its not the lens at fault. Try the lens on another body.
Thanks for the suggestion

I checked all the contacts and I think I found the problem: the contact from the battery grip. The grip wasn't screwed on tight enough and wiggled around a little. I just tightened it and it shouldn't be a problem again. :thumbup:

·
Registered
416 Posts
My batteries were messed up when I got it once. I putthem all on the charger just to see what was up. They were all charged, I just let it set and then hooked it back up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts