BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve tried searching a bunch of ways and still haven’t found an answer.

Jeff I sent you an email because I know that’s your preference for one-on-one replies but haven’t heard back from you so I am posting here.

Problem: My wife and I just upgraded our iPhone 6 (Hers iPhone 6, Mine iPhone 6s+) to iPhone 8 (hers) and iPhone 8 plus (me). My phone connected to Dynavin 7 easily. I “refreshed” bluetooth connections first, than pressed phones button on D7 and got my phone to find the DV7. Once they found each other, I got a pair screen and had plenty of time to type 1234 and press done and sure enough “Ed’s phone” was on the screen.

Now it’s time for the wife’s phone, same model only smaller. Go thru the intro process between DV7 and iPhone 8 BUT the pair screen comes up on iPhone for about 2 seconds and then disappears and I get a message that I took to long to enter PIN. Tried about 30 times, got really fast at putting in 4 digits but NEVER fast enough to get paired before the pair screen got “swallowed” by phone and I get message about taking too long to connect.

Help please! Love our Dynavin!
Ed (formerly of NJ, now residing in Bluffton, SC)

·
Registered
10,449 Posts
I’m wondering if the Dynavin can handle a specific number of BT devices. That is, I think the factory BT system can handle 8 devices. You have to clear the list to add a new BT device.

I’m guessing so wait for Jeff.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing to wonder about so you can stop guessing. If you look, you'll see 2 opportunities for phones by default. I already stated I refreshed the Bluetooth application on the Dynavin so there were NO phones connected. Then I connected mine. There is really nothing challenging about the process, you tell Dynavin you want to add (in this case the "other open spot for a phone connection") and both phone and Dynavin start spinning as they do the handshake, then (unless you've personalized it) you respond to a screen looking to pair using 1,2,3,4. When we did the iPhone 6's, it worked smoothly. This time it also worked smoothly for mine. My wife's iPhone 8 finds Dynavin and vice-versa BUT the pair screen takes so long to appear that when it does, it gives me about 2 seconds to type 4 numbers and hit "PAIR" which I have not beat yet. In my X5 with built-in BT, they work exactly the same, and both connect. Tomorrow I will try refreshing the Bluetooth App again, and start with her phone, then mine and see if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SOLVED: But I don’t know why.
Refreshed Bluetooth
Started with wife’s phone - done in 2 mins
Turned off wife’s Bluetooth
Turn on MY Bluetooth and select the second phone on DYNAVIN
My phone handshakes with Dynavin and plenty of time to pair.
Result: Both iPhones connected.
Why failed? Still no idea
Ed

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SOLVED: But I don’t know why.
Refreshed Bluetooth
Started with wife’s phone - done in 2 mins
Turned off wife’s Bluetooth
Turn on MY Bluetooth and select the second phone on DYNAVIN
My phone handshakes with Dynavin and plenty of time to pair.
Result: Both iPhones connected.
Why failed? Still no idea
Ed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts