BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, i was just searching the web but could'nt find a straight answer, any help would be appreciated.

i just wantted to know if there are any fees associated from importing cars from one province to another? specifically talking about a 05 325i from Ontario to Alberta.

It seems allthough Ontario has 12% tax on everything, their cars even with that tax and shipping costs, are cheeper than local sales in Alberta.

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Hey everyone, i was just searching the web but could'nt find a straight answer, any help would be appreciated.

i just wantted to know if there are any fees associated from importing cars from one province to another? specifically talking about a 05 325i from Ontario to Alberta.

It seems allthough Ontario has 12% tax on everything, their cars even with that tax and shipping costs, are cheeper than local sales in Alberta.

Thanks for your input!
Don't quote me on this, but my understanding is that the only cost will be related to inspections and registration in the new province. You shouldn't have to pay taxes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but the car is located in Ontario so wouldnt i therefor have to pay taxes implied to the vehicle? even tho i am going to be purchasing it in Calgary and getting a shipping company to ship it to me

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
but the car is located in Ontario so wouldnt i therefor have to pay taxes implied to the vehicle? even tho i am going to be purchasing it in Calgary and getting a shipping company to ship it to me
Yes, you'd have to pay Ontario taxes. I just mean you won't be charged tax for moving it across provincial borders.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts