BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can you take your car to the track like they do in Europe? basically..can you just pay let's say $50 and drive around for 2 laps? how does it work here in the U.S.?
sorry for the ignorance,I recently moved to NY from Italy.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Don't think so. Pretty much you pay for the day or the weekend. Get a certain number of sessions with about 20 minutes/session. Different clubs and organizations work different ways. There's NASA, BMWCCA, SCCA etc etc... I'm not that knowledged in it, just sharing what I know. For example, an organization holds what is called FATT, Friday At The Track at Summit Point Raceway in Summit Point WV. It's $175, 4 - 20 minute track sessions, 1 skid-pad session and 2 classroom sessions with about an hour for lunch and a chance to ride in instructor cars.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Here in Portland you can get a whole day at the track for $100. You do have to be a member of a car club. Membership to the BMW Portland chapter is only $35 per year and you get discounts on parts at the dealer. Totally worth it. :thumbup:
The day consists of 4 sessions. If you are new, you are given an instructor to teach you. You might be able to pay for just half day. That's if they have a lot of spots open on the day you go to the track. Check with your local chapter.

·
Registered
169 Posts
here in houston, there's certain night that you can take your car to the track and drag race for a fee... check with your local track, they should have something similar...

·
Registered OG User
586 Posts
giandu said:
can you take your car to the track like they do in Europe? basically..can you just pay let's say $50 and drive around for 2 laps? how does it work here in the U.S.?
sorry for the ignorance,I recently moved to NY from Italy.
Almost certian you can do it on the nurmburging(sp?). When they don't races there, I belive you can take the track as a 1-way toll road.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts