BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if you can put a short shift kit in a smg m3. or is it worth puting it in that kind of tranny if it is even possable
bobm3 :dunno: :dunno:

·
Registered
11,337 Posts
i don't think it's possible, but its also not even worth it if it were possible, just my .02 cents

·
On the Lamb
213 Posts
lol i was thinking about this the other day and thought I would post it as a joke!!!! :D you hvae 2 directions to go with the SMG stick back or forward and each way is like an inch.....you can put bigger padels on the steering wheel though..... :D

·
Registered
339 Posts
there would be know advantage to this... its only about an inch throw!

Some off our cars already have the larger paddles! I don't see the point to them.. I really don't use the paddles that often (less than 33% of the time).

·
www.piratecove.org
3,743 Posts
putting a short shift kit in an smg is like putting a short shift kit in a ford taurus...

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
guys i have no idea about a stanard shift throw

i know their is no play in the smg stick. but i was never in a bmw stanard car. so i i would not know how much distance the stick would have for shifts. that is why i was just wondering. i realise that the smg shifter is just back and foward. i thought maybe that the shift kit would make the throws even shorter if that was possiable. but i figue that would not be possiable but i was not sure about it.that all. when you never was in a bmw stick car
i had my thoughts about it so i figue i wood ask this question.
thanks for the replyies and explain it to me. i never said i was a expert with these trannyies lollllllllllllllllllllll
bobm3 ;) ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts