BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,200 Posts
that can be a lot of things. BMW uses these plastic fasteners to secure a lot of things. tell us where you found it so can help

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One was in the trunk and one was in the center console when I cleaned the car after buying it. I installed an ipod adapter in the trunk but didn't intentionally remove any fasteners. rmodys is correct about the trunk color. I'll look around in there. Thanks.

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,712 Posts
One was in the trunk and one was in the center console when I cleaned the car after buying it. I installed an ipod adapter in the trunk but didn't intentionally remove any fasteners. rmodys is correct about the trunk color. I'll look around in there. Thanks.
i agree, looks like one of the inside trunk liner clips or for the cover of the trunk it's self by the tool kit

·
Banned
2,200 Posts
if that is the case then that fastener is used to secure the liner to your trunk lid (where your tool box attaches to)

·
Registered
10,204 Posts
That is a clip that is used to secure the lining inside of the trunk. Look for two empty holes and insert one of these into each of them.

That clip is used in lots of places, not just the trunk, by the way.

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,712 Posts
that can be a lot of things. BMW uses these plastic fasteners to secure a lot of things. tell us where you found it so can help
that grey one i''m fairly certain is only used in the trunk area
That is a clip that is used to secure the lining inside of the trunk. Look for two empty holes and insert one of these into each of them.

That clip is used in lots of places, not just the trunk, by the way.
i'm pretty sure that type of grey one is only used in the trunk area

·
Registered
219 Posts
Pick up your spare tire cover and see if it is for your battery/other tray.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Bimmer App

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,712 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts