E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed coil overs on my e46 m3 and now I need spacers. My mechanic said 8mm would be perfect, but all I find is 5mm and 10mm spacers. Can I run 10 mm on stock oem 19inch wheels and stock tires without any issues? Any pics of this?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Yes, you should be able to run 10mm up front without any problems, assuming you're not completely slammed. You could probably go as high as 15mm without a problem. 20mm is nuts.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yes, you should be able to run 10mm up front without any problems, assuming you're not completely slammed. You could probably go as high as 15mm without a problem. 20mm is nuts.
20mm is not nuts with oem 19's and stock tire sizes. Here is my old car with 20's up fronts and 15mm's in the rear. Rear fenders had to be rolled slightly, but 25's could've gone up front easily. Never rubbed at 13.25" up front with 20mm spacers.

·
Registered
498 Posts
ya, but he's at 12.5". And if his mechanic (who's seen the car in person) is recommending 8mm, then jumping to 20 based on a response on a forum when he was asking about bumping up to 10 is - for lack of a better term - "nuts". ;)

·
Registered
94 Posts
20mm is not nuts with oem 19's and stock tire sizes. Here is my old car with 20's up fronts and 15mm's in the rear. Rear fenders had to be rolled slightly, but 25's could've gone up front easily. Never rubbed at 13.25" up front with 20mm spacers.

Stance looks amazing! :thumbup:

Can I run 20mm front + 15mm rear spacers with my stock oem 18" wheels / stock tire sizes? M3 is lowered on tein s springs/ koni shocks. I prefer not to have to roll my fenders, but will do it if necessary.

Thx

·
Registered
22 Posts
There is no set size for this, your mechanic is probably right with the 8. I had 12mm front and rear and rubbed both. That was when I had oem 19's with stock tire sizes and H&R springs.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Stance looks amazing! :thumbup:

Can I run 20mm front + 15mm rear spacers with my stock oem 18" wheels / stock tire sizes? M3 is lowered on tein s springs/ koni shocks. I prefer not to have to roll my fenders, but will do it if necessary.

Thx
Thanks! Only one way to find out big dog. ;)

Here's a link to the thread where I was moving from 15/12 to 20/15.

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=320076

1 - 12 of 12 Posts