BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you fix a minor scratch on a wheel from hitting a curb? Is there a way to refinish the wheel and will it fix it. It is a 19' Hamann Hm2. Thanks

·
Registered
214 Posts
hamann 330Ci 3 said:
Can you fix a minor scratch on a wheel from hitting a curb? Is there a way to refinish the wheel and will it fix it. It is a 19' Hamann Hm2. Thanks
Yes there is! You have to take it to a wheel shop that fixes wheel dents, bends, and scratches. There was an individual on this board that did that for a guy who had a BMW w/ black rims. He was in Irvine I believe.

Anybody remember? :dunno:

·
Registered
616 Posts
Son Tran is his name, the wheel fix guy. He is in SoCal and works LA and OC and does great work, I'll be having him fix another wheel of mine soon. Pm me if you need his number or the one I have from @1 year ago.

·
Registered
874 Posts
one guy in the forums did this himself, he used some kind of putty. After it was smooth he take it to a paint shop and the repainted it. Just do a search

·
Help me Help you!
957 Posts
crazy1323 said:
one guy in the forums did this himself, he used some kind of putty. After it was smooth he take it to a paint shop and the repainted it. Just do a search
Yeah i know exactly what ur talking about , it was a home made DIY curb rash fixer. I have been looking for that thread for awhile with no luck!

Anybody know the thread or had success with the search??

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah you can. Putty is pretty much what you would use. Then get wheel paint that matches your paint and all is good. But I still say, it's best to give the job to someone who can do it well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts