BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has carried a full set of wheels with tires in the convertible with the roof closed? Is there any chance?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I’ve seen a vert carry four tires before. One in the trunk and one per seat. They were 18s. Just make sure that you’ve got a moving blanket or something of that sort so you don’t ruin your interior.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so only one in the trunk :-( OK no passengers. It's an M3 so no space in the spare tire well

·
Registered
678 Posts
I’ve seen a vert carry four tires before. One in the trunk and one per seat. They were 18s. Just make sure that you’ve got a moving blanket or something of that sort so you don’t ruin your interior.
+1 4 total including boot/trunk. not 5.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I can speak for my coupe but not a Vert. 4 Wheels without tires maybe. 4 wheels with the tires mounted. I made 2 trips lol. So good luck.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I can speak for my coupe but not a Vert. 4 Wheels without tires maybe. 4 wheels with tires. I made 2 trips lol. So good luck.
With folding rear seats it’s pretty easy to fit 18s with tires. I couldn’t imagine not having folding seats, though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
concur this will work and use towels or sheets, something to protect the interior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
678 Posts
I didn’t even ask what this was for... presumably to go to HPDE/ track? you prolly should have cage in that case so rent a trailer...

·
Registered
468 Posts
With folding rear seats it’s pretty easy to fit 18s with tires. I couldn’t imagine not having folding seats, though.
There really isn't a lot of height when the seats are folded down. They don't fold flat. I ended up keeping the seats up and I was able to fit one in the trunk and two in the back seat and no matter how much i tried I couldn't get that last wheel to fit in the front short of driving with the door ajar.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I vaguely recall bringing four tires home from Costco in my 330 cab. Trunk, back seat, passenger seat.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a 2003 e46 convertible and when i got the car i had 4 19" summer wheels with tires in the back seat with the roof closed, Its tight but doable.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I didn’t even ask what this was for... presumably to go to HPDE/ track? you prolly should have cage in that case so rent a trailer...
I'm planning to buy some winter wheels and will be picking them up to save on shipping. It's just a one-off, once they're home I'll leave the others in the garage. But interesting idea - how do you attach a trailer with no hitch :)

I have a 2003 e46 convertible and when i got the car i had 4 19" summer wheels with tires in the back seat with the roof closed, Its tight but doable.
I will try, it definitly sounds like it's possible, if not i'll just make two trips. these are winters so only 7inch wide.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I'm planning to buy some winter wheels and will be picking them up to save on shipping. It's just a one-off, once they're home I'll leave the others in the garage. But interesting idea - how do you attach a trailer with no hitch :)
I haven’t used the one that came with mine but theoretically can tow 1,500 lb Unbraked (double that braked) with 330ci vert.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts