E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far, I've only found the combo corners+sidemarkers for about 85.00 at pacific and circlebmw. Do they side just the corners? WD-40 must have weaken my clips on the old corner lights when I cleaned the engine bay. The clips just broke, i was like wtf?? :bawling:

·
Der Meisterstück
2,469 Posts
you should be able to purchase the corners separately from the sidemarkers from Circle or Pacific or any BMW dealership.

I don't think that WD40 weakened the clips. Would it be possible that somebody tried to steal your corners when you were not around your car? Because the pre-02 corners used clips whereas 02-03 coupes used screws to hold the corners in.

I remember the clips on the E36 corners made them real vunerable to theft in the past.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, I'll call circle and pacific monday...

maybe you're right, I didn't consider the possibility of someone tampering with it and weaken the clips in the process before they were able to take it off completely... it's just a coincidence that it happened the same day I cleaned the engine, plus I was thinking WD-40 weaken certain plastics and rubbers. DAMN!

Wish I had the screw-on like the 02+... much simplier design yet more secure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts