E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the 330i performance package isn’t available on the 330Ci, but he is the big question, can’t we just put the mods on ourselves. What does the performance package consist of? Im not interested in the suspension or wheels as I feel the 330Ci with sports package will have the same suspension, and the wheels are nothing special (although the look nice). Do you think we will be able to change headers, ecu, muffler, etc? Limme know what you think. Thanks!

320 Posts
Of couse you can. Order the ZHP parts from BMW and swap the cams, 6spd transmission, ECU, etc... hell, you can even build a M3 out of your 330ci if you really wanted to. As long as you can come up with the funds, sky's the limit...

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha SFly we don't need to get that crazy, unless we are talking swapping an M5 V8 in there. The car already has a 6 speed, etc. Im serious about this because its 10 (and probably even more) extra HP. The cams will probably be too expensive to replace, and I believe the tranny is the same in both the Performance Package and the regular 330Ci (it just has a short shifter). The ECU/Muffler/and Headers should not be too bad.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Should've just bought the sedan:dunno:

I'm sure you can upgrade the basic parts, but it will cost you more than the package itself. Especially the seats and M Technik Kit. It would be sweet to see a ci with all that. Good luck:thumbup:

·
Registered
493 Posts
What would be the point? There are a number of ways to get 10hp out of a 330, why would you necessarily want to do it with oem parts that would be insanely expensive. I would think CAI, chip and exhaust would easily match or exceed the HP increases, and a rear end swap would make you at least as quick.

The interior mods are alot harder to duplicate.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Let's see, the ZHP has different ECU, camshafts, differential, and muffler (only talking about the category you care about). A set of Schrick camshafts would give you a lot more than 10 HP. Differential is plug-&-play (there were enough to choose from before the introduction of ZHP anyway). And muffler? Some people can't choose from the numerous aftermarket ones already.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jano well there is the question of warranty. Im not sure how expensive everything would be. A limited slip dif would be nice. ECU is plug and play for the most part (Im not sure if 2 less doors would cause a problem.)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SL Im not sure about the extra 10HP. I know it has a large wing, 18" rims, and some other body peices. Im not sure about the rest though. Also its not available in the US to the best of my knowledge.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts