BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Fanatics vs. E46 DTM 4evar
5,882 Posts
Sound clips of intakes usually suck and you really cannot hear what you would hear in the cabin in your car. Ask around and see if you can hear peoples, especially if they dont have exhausts.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Dinan Sound Bite

I was just thinking about recording my ride. I have a Dinan Stage III with a stock exhaust. I've read that the sound is different when you have the throttle body installed. I think it's pretty awesome. Give me a day or two to get something recorded and I'll post it here. :thumbup:

·
Registered
396 Posts
DropTop

Here's a couple I just pulled. As UltimateOne said, good recordings from inside the cabin are tough to get and really don't give the real impression.

This one had the window cracked just a little.
1st Gear Only 1.97MB

This one had all windows closed.
0-90 mph 4.07MB

I'll attempt to get a really good clip (0-100) for you. :D

Todd

·
has 1 FLY Ci
1,973 Posts
I have a short 15 second vid of a flyby of my car with Dinan CF CAI. If someone wants to host it for me, I'll be glad to post it up.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Re: Re: DropTop

Imola Ed said:

Is that the same car as in the other clips? That sounds better than my M!:yikes:
Yes Ed, that's the same car :eeps: Seriously - I'm not kidding! The first 2 clips (first gear & 0-90) were my first attempts at recording with my laptop. Once I got the hang of it, the sound quality got better. I'll try to redo the first ones, as well as capture that hissing sound.

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,303 Posts
Toddv:

The DINAN CAI sounds awesome! :yikes: Now I really want to get one! :thumbup:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Faheem Daddy said:
Toddv:

The DINAN CAI sounds awesome! :yikes: Now I really want to get one! :thumbup:
Don't forget the TB!

By the way, I am in no way affiliated with or sponsored by Dinan. I'm just a happy customer :D

·
Registered
687 Posts
I think I might try and take a few audio clips of my Dinan CAI and RD Exhaust. No offense, but I think my setup sounds even sweeter, although I'm sure the recording isn't doing it justice.

Mine has a more pronounced sound from 4k-6k rpms. From idle to 3,900 it sounds fairly stock, then you hear the beast open up.

No chip, no Dinan T/B at this point.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Re: Optimo

OPTIMO said:
I think I might try and take a few audio clips of my Dinan CAI and RD Exhaust. No offense, but I think my setup sounds even sweeter, although I'm sure the recording isn't doing it justice.
None taken. As mine's running stock exhaust, I don't hear it too much, so you're mosting hearing the engine/intake. I'm looking forward to hearing similar setups with different exhausts too. The recording from inside is pretty hard to get to sound good, like it does in person. I'm going to attempt better recordings and will post them here.

·
That's a lot of nuts!
1,303 Posts
I did a test recording with my phone earlier (yes, my phone), and it sounds better than I expected. I'll do a real recording later tonight perhaps. I will use my digital video camera to catch the sound. I have an exhaust plus the Gruppe M M3 intake.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hey Ed (Sound Clip?)

Imola Ed said:
I did a test recording with my phone earlier (yes, my phone), and it sounds better than I expected. I'll do a real recording later tonight perhaps. I will use my digital video camera to catch the sound. I have an exhaust plus the Gruppe M M3 intake.
Hey Ed, did you get a chance to sample the sound of your car? I'd love to hear the Gruppe M on the M3 :thumbup: Besides, I think there are numerous fanatics aching to hear the Gruppe M intake since it's been out. Thanks!

·
That's a lot of nuts!
1,303 Posts
Sorry, no. It was my bday yesterday, so I was out for a while. Then when I got home I found my video camera battery was dead. It's charged now, so I'm hoping to get it done tomorrow sometime. Hope there's no cops around.... :eeps:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts