E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 of my friends are goin to race wiz me after i've done the break in for my 04 steptronic 330ci..shoooot..the car is comin in early MAY..and needs to take couple more weeks to get the break in in order to kick their ass.........
i did race wiz them wiz my previous 01 manual 330i b4,,and i smoked them,,...and they said it was becuz my car was a manual..
man,,does it make any differences?.. all i can say is, their cars are nice,,but just being way too cocky somehow..and now i will be drivin the 04 steptronic 330ci..and see if i can smoke their asses again..

one is steptronic 01 Lexus IS300 and the other one is 02(or 03, i forgot) steptronic GOLF GTi 1.8T........

do u guyz think that my 04 steptronic 330ci can still smoke them?
and what's the 0-60mph for a bimmer steptronic 330ci
Thank You..

no one can look a BIMMER down...cuz it's a BIMMER

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
330 coupe/sedan
1/4 mile: 15.0 s (auto)

IS300
1/4 mile: 15.7 s (auto)

GTI
1/4 mile: 15.3 s (manual, auto time n/a)

You said they're all stock, you will own them. I would assume the auto GTI 1/4 mile time to be about 15.7 s or more.

·
Registered
66 Posts
How come you are getting a '04 330Ci in Early MAY 2003???

The BMW model year starts after the germans have completed their summer holiday (which starts early august). The changes in the production plant are made during the holidays and tested, when everyone is away on vacation. So '04 models starts production early september.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
NO,,the production starts in MARCH 2003 IN GERMAN..and all the 04 bmw 325ci/330ci will be comin to canada/usa in eithe late April or early May,,,
i was goin to order a 03 330ci,,but the dealer told me that "no more 03 is available, cuz 04 is comin out soon"...+ i did call my sales and check wiz him again to ask if my 04 330ci has clear lens or not..he said " YES"/////

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
04 330ci will have a very little facelift from 03..
different front bumpers, new reflector placement, wider kidney grille, 6 speed manual standard, and LED taillights,,and it's about $400 USD more than the 03..

·
Registered
363 Posts
jp323i said:
330 coupe/sedan
1/4 mile: 15.0 s (auto)

IS300
1/4 mile: 15.7 s (auto)

GTI
1/4 mile: 15.3 s (manual, auto time n/a)

You said they're all stock, you will own them. I would assume the auto GTI 1/4 mile time to be about 15.7 s or more.
Step 330's are easy high 14's terrotory....

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
HoTbEEmEr said:
whats the time for the is300 with a manual?
15.4 s, still slower than auto 330 coupe/sedan.

what's the 0-60mph for a bimmer steptronic 330ci
can IS300 or GOLF GTi 1.8T ever beat 330Ci?? (they are both steptronic)
auto 330 coupe/sedan
0-60: 6.6 s

auto IS300
0-60: 7.5 s

manual GTI (auto time n/a, auto will definitely be slower)
0-60: 6.7 s

All times are avgs of multiple magazine tests (i.e. at least 2 different mag tests). BTW, 0-60 matters less than 1/4 mile times.

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,475 Posts
why go from manual to step ?:dunno:

·
Registered
913 Posts
The IS300s we use as our test cars are showing well worn signs of their use at 11k miles too- lots of clunks, chassis looseness, etc.

Plus we HAD to upgrade the brakes to eliminate the fade issues when we test.. The 328i/Cis we had previously were better off the gate & didnt need any of that :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
cuz my younger bro likes the 4 doors and manual too, so i pass it to him..
and + i got tired of manual......
from the first time i had the stick, i really enjoyed it,,cuz it was fun and a new experience,,but after 2 years,,i found either manual or auto dont really make any differences...cuz most of time we just use it for daily life not racin right?
and i tried the step too,,,not bad..quiet fast and more convinient...so i decided to go for it..
of coz still will do some race too...

·
yuppie racing
1,806 Posts
TTBoy said:

Step 330's are easy high 14's terrotory....
Yep both TT boy and myself dragged at the track (englishtown raceway park)and both of us I believe got in the upper 14's. My personal best was a 14.67:) But i did also have an occasional low 15's second run:sad:

From car mags 0-60 times -the lowest Ive ever seen a 330 step posted was 6.4 seconds. The highest Ive personally see was like 7.2. BMW claims 7 second flat, but they are usually conservative with their data. On average I usually see the 330 step mag times of the upper sixes.

·
yuppie racing
1,806 Posts
stanley_cheng said:
cuz my younger bro likes the 4 doors and manual too, so i pass it to him..
and + i got tired of manual......
from the first time i had the stick, i really enjoyed it,,cuz it was fun and a new experience,,but after 2 years,,i found either manual or auto dont really make any differences...cuz most of time we just use it for daily life not racin right?
and i tried the step too,,,not bad..quiet fast and more convinient...so i decided to go for it..
of coz still will do some race too...
wow!! the first poster to admit to going from a manaul to a step.... interesting

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.