E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mod Squad
9,629 Posts
fFr about 40 seconds you can, just flash your high beams and they should stay on for a short period of time.

·
Registered
296 Posts
yes, you dont even need the keys! All you do is flash the brights and they stay on for 15-20 seconds. You can turn them off before the 15-20 seconds by switching the headlight switch on then back off. I think its a safety feature.

It was funny, at the autoshow, I turned them on and everyone was like "WTF?!?!...COOL!"

·
Black and Proud
16,976 Posts
you have to have the "walkway" option turned on to do that, i think...

that option is for .. when you come home.. and your driveway/walkway is dark.. you turn off your car and tap the headlight.. and the car will light up your walkway for about 40seconds

also.. you can turn your key to "position 2" and turn on your headlights

·
Registered
215 Posts
once you have your pathway light on..as you as you lock the doors with the the fob, the light goes off...that is a flaw in my opinion. Ideally you want to have your pathway light on, close the door, lock. and walk to your door and hav ethe light go off on their own.

Maybe mine does not work the right way:dunno:

·
Black and Proud
16,976 Posts
it's not supposed to light up without your keys in (except for the walkway light up option)
because this protects your car from draining the battery by accident

·
Mod Squad
9,629 Posts
once you have your pathway light on..as you as you lock the doors with the the fob, the light goes off...that is a flaw in my opinion. Ideally you want to have your pathway light on, close the door, lock. and walk to your door and hav ethe light go off on their own.
Weird. Mine stays on after I lock the doors:confused: Maybe your dealer can figure something out:dunno:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts