BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 bmw 325i, and my flex plate broke because the transmission bolts came loose on me, I replaced that but didnt set my torque converter back in right and the shaft that goes into the flywheel snapped off. I was wondering if was ok to use the same torque converter until I can afford one or someone is willing to actually not sell me the transmission with it. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
I have a 2002 bmw 325i, and my flex plate broke because the transmission bolts came loose on me, I replaced that but didnt set my torque converter back in right and the shaft that goes into the flywheel snapped off. I was wondering if was ok to use the same torque converter until I can afford one or someone is willing to actually not sell me the transmission with it. Thanks!
I don't see why not. So long as everything in the converter is still aligned and there is no vibrartion, although I can't imagine that would be the case because your shaft must be well out of balance. Woud I do it. I doubt it.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
uhhh, doesn't that drive the front pump for the trans hydraulics?

t

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's on the other end of the torque converter, the flywheel side. It looks like it just keeps it centered with the flywheel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts