E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the 330 has dual piping coming down from one of the resonators to meet the stock exhaust. 328 does not. Would it be as simple as chopping out a resonator or two, laying some pipe to meet the aftermarket pipes, or would that make car sound loud as hell?

Thinking of UUC or ActiveAutowerke. The dual piping for the 330 just seems more efficient. Would lack of adequate back pressure mess with ECU if this can be done.

Has anyone McGuyvered this?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'll second that question, wouldn't hurt to know all my options!!

Ben

·
Registered
874 Posts
Redbaron said:
I know the 330 has dual piping coming down from one of the resonators to meet the stock exhaust. 328 does not. Would it be as simple as chopping out a resonator or two, laying some pipe to meet the aftermarket pipes, or would that make car sound loud as hell?

Thinking of UUC or ActiveAutowerke. The dual piping for the 330 just seems more efficient. Would lack of adequate back pressure mess with ECU if this can be done.

Has anyone McGuyvered this?
Actually i'd just wait for the new UUC, GReddy, or get a Borla exhaust. For the amount you pay to hack, chop, and carve up the stock exhaust (not to mention, you'll never get it exactly right---not unless you have a mandrel bend machine at your disposal)...those exhausts above are full catback exhausts and are designed with upmost efficiency in mind. And a dual exhaust is not necessarily more efficient than a single exhaust!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts