BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I hit swide swiped a deer today going 60mph. I was lucky that the damage is minimal. A few 2 inch scratches on my side skirt from the hooves of the deer. My driver side mirror took the brunt of the impact. But my mirror cover has a tiny 1 inch crack and the glass part fell off. Can i just replace the mirror glass part of the mirror instead fo replacing the entire assembly? If so, where could I order this, price, and how to install.

Thank you very much.

·
2 point five 3 two 3 i
3,915 Posts
man, I'm glad you're ok. deer can do some damage!
the drivers side mirror part # should be: 51 16 8 245 125
just check with your dealer.
its easy to install, it just snaps on to the motor.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.

I thought the deer dented the entire side of my car. I noticed the mirror assembly, the center white plastic piece is missing a screw. I'll call up the dealership tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, the deer didn't die. My mirror hit the deer going 60mph. It's miraculous there isn't any body damage other than some tiny scratches. I was so lucky.

·
Registered Abuser
1,023 Posts
You should very definitely be able to order the glass separately.

I would suggest contacting both your local dealers parts dept. and Pacific BMW. www.pacificbmw.com. They generally have the lowest retail prices on parts, but I suggest contacting your local dealer in case the final total is less than Pacific's plus shipping.

I don't have the part number, but perhaps someone can offer it up. Either way, you shouldn't have any problem explaining what you need.

Good luck. Glad you're ok.

:thumbup:

Edit: If and when you contact Pacific, make sure your ask for the mail order department for the lowest quote.

·
Registered
402 Posts
stupid ass deer. i almost hit an elk doing 90 in Northern AZ... that woulda be then end of me!

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ordered the mirror today from circle bmw. $60 shipped. It was the best price among the dealerships I called up.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Wow, that's one fast deer! I've never seen em go as fast as 60 Mph before!

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,962 Posts
happy to hear you and your car was

ok. you are very lucky deers can really rip up a car if they hit you the right way. but i am glad that their wasn't a lot of damage on your car and you were ok to.
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Dude....glad you're O.K.

This guy i know hit a cow in the middle of the street with his m3 going 90mph and DIE! Very tragic! I don't think he was wearing a seatbelt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts