E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this might be a hell of a stupid question to ask as my first post on this forum but I don't know a thing about car audio. I have owned a 325i and now a 325ci and when I considered sub installation in the boot, i've noticed that there is a steel wall dividing the trunk from the rear seats.

I've asked a few friends who have e36s and they say that they do not have the steel divider. Obviously people have installed subwoofers in E46s before but I was wondering if this steel divider really messes with the sound quality of the bass. Basically just looking for any kind of feedback from someone who has a subwoofer installed.

Thanks!

·
Banned
7,267 Posts
The non-folding seats don't make much difference. Sounds travels in all directions equally.

You will have many rattles, namely from the trunk ventilation flaps, trunk lock mechanism, license plate, and bumper.

Been running a 1300w RMS system in my 325i for 4 years, on the same battery. Had to replace the original voltage regulator. Having a 120A alternator definitely helps maintain power, especially at idle...

·
Registered
663 Posts
I have literally no issues and I've been running sub's for 3 years now. I previously ran 2 kicker comp 10's with a 1000 watt amp

·
Registered
540 Posts
Subs in a 325i = no problem.
There are a few ways it can be done, depending on what you are after.
I've got a single 12 in an enclosure firing thru the ski pass. Others just put the sub in a box and secured it behind the wheel well, or for smaller subs you can mount them to the bottom of the rear deck.
You can find info and pictures about each configuration on this site.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Im most likely going to set mine up to fire through the ski pass as well, i love the idea for that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.