BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone knows of this and usually how much will it cost to resurface all four corners? Plus, Anyone have a recommendation in the Bay Area? Preferrably in San Francisco. TIA

·
Thread Hijacker!!!
380 Posts
I dont think you can. I've ask some shops about that before when i had x-drilled rotors on my honda. They said that it will damage their machine. so they dont do those kind of rotors. But then again i can be wrong. :dunno:

·
Slow in, slower out
4,652 Posts
Yes, you can have cross drilled rotors resurfaced. The holes shock load the lathe as the cutting tool hits metal again after passing a hole so most machine shops will probably refuse to turn a cross drilled rotor. You may have to find a performance oriented shop to turn them.

I pay $5 per rotor at a local Pep Boys to get plain non-BMW rotors turned. I tend to throw out BMW rotors when they are beyond 50% worn since they are so cheap so I couldn't even guess what a higher end shop would charge you. Steve D. at the Ultimate Garage charges $60 for meticulously turning Movit rotors, but that sort of detail is justified when your rotors cost $200 to $300 each.

http://www.ultimategarage.com/bbrotors.html

Ed

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but then again mine are not the BBK mine is just factory replacement brakes with cross drilled rotors made by brembo. Still applies?

·
Registered
869 Posts
racdyn4you said:
Anyone knows of this and usually how much will it cost to resurface all four corners? Plus, Anyone have a recommendation in the Bay Area? Preferrably in San Francisco. TIA
absolutely - drilled or slotted makes no difference. just take it to a good brake shop/machine shop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts