BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon guys,

I was currently removing my intake mainfold when these two plastic fittings appeared. I don’t know what they’re used for, let alone where they belong. Can anyone bestow some knowledge upon me? Please and thank you

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does the other one say "L" and is it a hollow tube? A T fitting?

Not familiar looking to me--

realoem.com might help

...and since you're new, so will newtis.info and fcpeuro if you didn't know.

Good luck.
Hey Dmax, both of them have “R” on them. I’m not sure where they came from either tbh

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good afternoon guys,

I was currently removing my intake mainfold when these two plastic fittings appeared. I don’t know what they’re used for, let alone where they belong. Can anyone bestow some knowledge upon me? Please and thank you View attachment 908687
I can't name it but it goes in the bottom side of your intake next to mounting stud holes .

·
Registered
2 Posts
When you removed the intake gasket they came out. Just put them back before re assembly.
Sorry for the duplicate picture. If you can zoom in on the holes next to the studs you will see what I mean . it was a few years ago when I had this one apart don't remember what they were for.
Good luck

·
Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
1,956 Posts
They're for the CCV return passageways, the extra holes on the intake side of the head.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When you removed the intake gasket they came out. Just put them back before re assembly.
Sorry for the duplicate picture. If you can zoom in on the holes next to the studs you will see what I mean . it was a few years ago when I had this one apart don't remember what they were for.
Good luck
Damn, I already put back my intake manifold back on, Will this cause any issues?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is this M54B30? I did mine a few months back and do not remember seeing them at all. Now I'm worried. Can you post a pic when you put them in please?

Sent from my YAL-L41 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
183 Posts
Is this M54B30? I did mine a few months back and do not remember seeing them at all. Now I'm worried. Can you post a pic when you put them in please?

Sent from my YAL-L41 using Tapatalk

They are located at the 2' oclock and 10' positions around each port. They will pop out on their own, so definitely need to keep track of them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I’m going to remove the intake manifold today and put it back on thoroughly. I will keep everyone posted on progress.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
And, heyah they argh in situ.

t
intake ccv suckers.jpg

·
Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
1,956 Posts
If I'm allowed to ponder, I think they are control flow orifices for the CCV system. (Restrictors) Possibly leading to weird hard to diagnose engine codes if left out.
Never tried, nor intend to.....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts