BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I need some detail help from someone that has done this before. I am trying to install a new sub amp. So this is what I have done so far:
I cut all the wires that were running into the sub amp and only used the white remote and brown ground wire to hook back to the new amp. Then I ran the new amp battery wire directly to my battery.
Now I have no idea how or where to hook up my line-out convertor. I know everyone says tap into the rear speaker wires and all. But I don't know where those wires are. Ideally I'd be able to use wires that were running into the sub amp, but I don't have a wiring diagram for it.
Can anyone please help this ICE idiot? Thanks!

·
Registered
7,635 Posts
First, disconnect that ground wire immediately! Depending on what amplifier you got (I assume you got one with more power than the HK amp), the brown wire might not be able to handle the current. Run a new ground wire from the amp strait into the car's metal chassis.

As far as the wires, look at recent (last few days) posts. I remember seing a diagram recently in the ICE forum. Should be able to tie into the sub amp's inputs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts