BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a question for the tire experts.

My car pulls like crazy with my summer tires and I wonder if it can be caused by the Staggered set-up or by the tires themselves, (Tire wear is very even by the way and the car goes straight on even pavement)

My summer set-up is Staggered 18***8221; Style 78 wheels with 225/40/18 front and 255/35/18 Bridgestone Potenza RE040s.

With that set-up I found that my car was pulling a lot and I had to constantly adjust steering to keep straight , especially when the road was not flat. I thought that this was because my car was misaligned and I had intended to get it aligned when I changed to my winter kit.

I just changed to my winter set-up which consist of 205/50/17 studded Gislaved Nordfrost 5s all around and the pulling is completely gone, I did not have the alignment checked but my summers are used very evenly

My summer tires are still good another year or so, but I question if I should not go to 4 similar tires all around next summer if the pulling is caused by the staggered set-up

Thanks

·
Registered
365 Posts
:search:
tramlining
bumpsteer
etc....

wider tires tend to follow grooves on the road more so than thinner tires, go figure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts