E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
142 Posts
Eh it can work. Lots of people do it, I wouldn't pay for that though. If you're going to pay for it get it done right with proper equipment.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I don't know any place in N.Y. That can do it.He told me 100.00 for a set of lugs,alignment and rear fender rolling.He said he never used anything else but a bat to do it.Anyone know a place in N.Y that I could get it done the right way?I have 255/35/18 in the rear with a et40 the front is 225/40/18 et40.Thank u for ur response.My ride is a 01 330 coupe.

·
Registered
10,584 Posts
It can be done, my rear fenders were rolled by my friend in his garage will a baseball bat and came out pretty much flawless without chipping. However, I have also heard a ton of horror stories. If you're willing to take a gamble you can go for it, but a fender rolling tool would be recommended.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
want to absolutely slam your car or something OP? with those tire stats unless they're going on a 10.5"+ wide wheel WTF are you thinking about rolling your fenders for?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I'm on bilsteins with h&r sports springs I read through a bunch of threads that made me think the wheels would fit,but after looking at a lot more threads I'm starting to think that the et40 in the rear might not fit.I guess I have to put the wheels on the car and go from there,I just hope they will fit.The 255 is looking like it has a miner stretch to it on the rim so mabey I might get lucky.Thanks again for the responses after I put them on and get the alignment I'll let y'all know what the story is.

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
A shop said they'd do it with a bat? Really?

That's a bad shop. Rent the tool, do it right. That's one expensive repair you don't want to deal with later if something goes wrong.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Okay I had the wheels mounted and the alignment done today,I still have a little bit of room left.I hit a big dip and I think I heard a scrape from the back,sounded like it came from the right rear other than that I'm good on all reg. bumps.Thanks for all the imput guyz.I did get to see dude in action today he was rolling somebody's M6 with the bat,he stopped the guys fender from cutting his tire up but dude is still gonna rub when he hits bumps lol.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.