BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a BMW 323i 2000 and my DSC light would always stay on. About 4 months ago I changed the Yaw Rate Sensor and Dsc light was finally functional.

But now after more than 20 minutes my DSC turns on and stays illuminated.

One thing I noticed and I know that is bad is the drivers side Control arm busing. I hear it clunk in bumps and stuff.

My question is if it's possible that this bad bushing is causing my DSC to turn on after driving for some time???

P.S I recently bought new Led to replace the my old fog lights. (Not sure if this is needed but that's the only modification I did)

Please helpppp

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I haven't because when it first happened I disconnected the battery and cleaned the big Abs plug and the little connector on the Brake fluid reservoir and the light didn't come on for 2 days. Now I take it for a drive and after 20 minutes it turns on. When I turn it off and then turn it on the light is off.

Its really frustrating, I was hopping that it was the CAB causing the left wheel to be misaligned casing the light to come on. How much would it cost to get it scanned?

·
Here to serve y’all
2004 330Ci 85k miles
11,097 Posts
Read the ABS module trouble codes the next time the DSC light comes on. Get set up with BMW Scanner 1.4.
cable and software: BMW Scanner 1.4.0 / Car Diagnostic Interface Tool Code Reader - xcar360
how to install and use:

·
Registered
2 Posts
When I first bought my car the yellow ABS and BRAKE light came on after about a month. Changed the control arm bushings and the lights turned off on their own.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really think it's the bushing throwing the alignment off. I had my car parked and I moved forward and I turned the wheel and the dsc light turned on right after. I turned it off and turned the lights and the fog lights to see if the New LEDS fog lights could be a factor. But I've been in my car for the past 10 minutes and still no dsc light. 🙏🙏🙏🙏

1 - 8 of 8 Posts