Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
'04 330ci 6MT
274 Posts
That’s what I’ve read in this forum.
Sadly forums are full of misinformation, and this place is no exception. I don't know definitively either, as my information comes from a German forum. But they did collate their list of OE suppliers from manufacturers stamps on original parts they took off their cars, so I give it credence. I suspect you may be repeating in good faith something that someone originally just made up.

·
Here to serve y’all
2004 330Ci 85k miles
12,407 Posts
To be fair, it’s tough to nail down “the best” brand of a particular part. The name doesn’t tell the whole story. Companies change their suppliers, manufacturers, materials, locations, processes, etc. Companies get bought, sold, merged, diverged, out-of-busniess, resurrected, rebranded, brand licensing, and on and on...

It’s not simple, but a very complex beast. I like to do my deep research and then solicit opinions from experienced pros (MrMCar, TobyB, DBecker, et. al.).

Right now in USA, the Nissens radiator seems to have the best quality, in addition to genuine BMW.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I just installed a Nissens in my 46, got it from FCP.

Only issue, which could be me, was that the radiator itself was approx. 5mm too narrow and I could not re install that top left long torx screw using the hole in the radiator. It’s my first radiator work on a 46 and I did the best I could, the side clips/grooves that hold the radiator seemed to be lined up correctly, could be my fault, or the rad is just a tad narrow.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I was told by my BMW Tech that BMW dealers use Behr. Behrs are made in SA. And they use real plastic. Other manufacturers use radiators with recycled plastics mixed with new plastics. Unknown ratio of mixture. But recycled plastics blow out faster. With that, make your own conclusions.

·
Registered
'04 330ci 6MT
274 Posts
I'm afraid that's quite possibly another factless internet fact that gets repeated in good faith. It's very hard to believe that any premium radiator manufacturer is going to use recycled plastics. It possibly came about because new plastics sold in European markets are marked with the recycle symbol and their type. It tells the user how to responsibly dispose of them for recycling at the end of their life. It doesn't indicate that the plastic is made from recycled material.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts