Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
320i '04
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can not choose which one. It's very 50/50 with people's opinions between the two. So I’ll let this poll determine the fate of my cars in terms of the radiator at least.

I have a 320i ‘04 with a manual transmission and automatic air conditioning.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I went with Nissens years ago for my original radiator replacement and the Nissens was the nearest to oem I've come across.

Behr is hit or miss depending on if you get behr service or behr germany ...I'd stick with the nissens for it's GREAT fitment and quality.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Nissens.

An aftermarket radiator closer to OEM than Behr, made in Europe last time I checked.
Has the same drain plug and insert as the original radiator that can be changed, also switched from manual to automatic setup and back if necessary.
The only difference I have seen is the color of the plug (blue OE, black, Nissens).
Behr has separate automatic or manual transmission radiators, uses its own non-replaceable plug, which, if damaged or lost, will require replacing the entire radiator...

Never heard of fitment issues with Nissens, but Behr had some years back.
Had Nissesns installed in my first E46 by a mechanic, before I got into DIY maintenance. That radiator had no issues for seven years and more than 50K miles, probably would have lasted much longer if the car wasn't totaled.

Current car got an OE radiator since it was not that expensive. Next cooling system overhaul will be in a year or two. If I decide not to go with OE or Modine, it will be Nissens.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Replaced mine with Nissens 18 months ago. still no complaints so far. It was the best price at that moment, except for some Chinese unheard brands.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Yep! Just checked .. replaced mine with Nissens at 120,000.. @ 223,000mi now still looks brand new 5 years later

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
I replaced the original radiator in my old 2001 330Ci with a Behr unit. It had been made in South Africa. Fit wasn’t perfect but it worked fine. Btw, BMW makes cars in South Africa so it’s likely that Behr set up plant there. The E46 sedans were made in that country.

Just buy whichever radiator from FCPEuro.

·
Registered
'04 330ci 6MT
270 Posts
Didn't vote. We need a third option for "either"

I had a Behr put in mine when I had the cooling set up refreshed a couple of years after buying the car. It's held up for 7 years so far without fault, but then I've only covered 30,000 miles over that time and I'd be very disappointed if it hadn't. I'd happily buy one again. But I'd also happily buy a Nissens, based on reputation and reviews, if that was the less expensive of the two at the time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I put a Nissens on a 328i manual I used to have. Looked very close to oem, good quality and fitment. No problems out of it.

·
Registered
E46 '04 330Ci convertible 740K km
549 Posts
Used both, cannot say nay bad thing about any of them. Behr had ''made is South Africa'' sticker, Nissen claimed Denmark.
It is pretty much the price and availabitily.

·
Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
1,956 Posts
Here in the states I've only seen L&R or Behr.

·
Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
1,956 Posts
I was on the fence many years ago (20+) having an issue with a Nissens radiator. Then there was a run on radiators at one time (forget if E39 or E46) and the only thing available at the time was a Nissens.
So I call my friend that has a large independent BMW shop in Arizona (who better to ask?) and he told me he actually preferred the Nissens brand for several reasons. Since then it's been our go to brand. Heck I even sourced a Nissens A/C condenser for my wife's F10 535. It's only been a year but it was of VG quality.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Having used both, I now seek out the Nissens as well. Sometimes the finish is not quite as good as the Behr,
but after 10 years, the Behr plastic is brittle, whereas the Nissens is flexible as new.

Also, often, cheaper.

Don, for a while, the Nissens was the only E30 rad around, which is what got me started with them.

t

1 - 20 of 25 Posts