BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang;
I've got a 00, 323i with 150k on it. I've been replacing just about everything that normally goes wrong on this car. That said, last week i popped a camshaft sensor, ehaust, code using my Peake tool. So i jumped on this site, had a look, and sure enough this seems like a common enough problem so off to the stealership I went for a new sensor. I replaced it over the weekend and this morning, my engine light popped-on, again, Oh JoY!, when I checked it had the same camshaft code. So now i wondering if this is just a symtom of my VANOS crapping out or what....

Any thoughts???

·
Registered
312 Posts
If I remember right when this happened to me the code didn't actually distinguish between which of the two camshaft sensors it was. There's one right on the vanos, and then there's a second one buried in behind the airbox on the driver's side of the engine. I just replaced both of them and the light went away.

Neil

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Hey gang;
I've got a 00, 323i with 150k on it. I've been replacing just about everything that normally goes wrong on this car. That said, last week i popped a camshaft sensor, ehaust, code using my Peake tool. So i jumped on this site, had a look, and sure enough this seems like a common enough problem so off to the stealership I went for a new sensor. I replaced it over the weekend and this morning, my engine light popped-on, again, Oh JoY!, when I checked it had the same camshaft code. So now i wondering if this is just a symtom of my VANOS crapping out or what....

Any thoughts???
When this happens the problem is the failed vanos seals. This is documented in the symptoms section of the vanos seals repair procedure.
http://www.beisansystems.com/procedures/vanos_procedure.htm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts