BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to share my lunchbreak with you guys.

I was comming back from lunch in my 325i sedan w/steptronic.
I stopped at a red light with a white SS on my left with an older 'mullet and handlebar mustache' guy in it.

We exchanged a few looks.

A few seconds before the light turned green i started pulling up a bit, letting the guy know i was in a hurry ;)

I switch to manual mode, light turns green, and I give it about half throttle in 1st. His tires churp and slip a few times and his engine growls like he's flooring it.

I work it up to 5k rpm and leave him in my blind spot.
half throttle in 2nd, he's a car-length behind me.
3rd, 4th, 5th he's still a car-length behind me growling like crazy.

Light ahead turns red and i engine-brake from about 50 to a dead stop. With an empty left lane next to me, hoping he'd pull up again. Instead he swings a left and bails.

:pimpin:

my ride is bone stock.
i never hit more than 5k rpm and maybe a bit more than half throttle the whole time. We were going up an incline of about 30%.

·
'a certain moderator'
37,714 Posts
i hope this isnt a serious post.... :rolleyes:

i guess sport mode on the AT does more than i think? :lmao:

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,336 Posts
Yah basically he wasn't racing only a small chirp.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh it sounded like he was. Churping his tires and then revving high the entire run.

·
Registered
337 Posts
a camaro SS can take some e46 M3s (though most M3s are still faster) in a straight line... also, u said u were on an incline. a V8 vs a I6 on an incline??? Even an M3 can't keep up with a camaro SS on an incline. If you haven't noticed, inclines tend to slow our cars down quite a bit, whereas as 8 cyl. and up engines have no problems with em.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
blastin said:
Oh it sounded like he was. Churping his tires and then revving high the entire run.
Are you sure that you aren't confusing the "chirping" sound with a blow-off valve from a turbo? Considering how close the Camaro SS stayed to your mighty 325, he must have at least 2 turbos, probably 3 or 4 though.
:neener:

·
The G.O.A.T. is Baccckkkkk!
4,106 Posts
Rotflmao.... 320 hp SS loses to a 325i??? Riiigghhhtttt those cars regularly dyno'd at 300 hp at the rear wheels stock. Either you were playin in the snow or he wasn't payin you any mind because it ain't happenin.... :lmao:

·
Lying, drunken cheat
4,376 Posts
Just because he revs high doesn't mean he's racing. I've had ricers take shots at me because sometimes I take my engine to 4k, 5k or even 6k during normal acceleration, but I won't actually be using much throttle.

·
Registered
40 Posts
IS THIS A BAD JOKE? I love my 325ci dearly, but if a Camaro SS was next to me at a light, I wouldn't even bother putting my car in Step mode. My 300zx is faster than my bimmer and not even in that would i step to a camaro ss-its got a vette engine for god's sake. One other idea: if you did beat it, it was a V6 camaro with SS badges....Trust us please.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Craig said:
Rotflmao.... 320 hp SS loses to a 325i??? Riiigghhhtttt those cars regularly dyno'd at 300 hp at the rear wheels stock. Either you were playin in the snow or he wasn't payin you any mind because it ain't happenin.... :lmao:
so could it have been a 6er with SS badges ?

·
Lying, drunken cheat
4,376 Posts
blastin said:

so could it have been a 6er with SS badges ?
Very possible. The 6ers can actually sound pretty powerful (alone, but not when next to a V8), I had one a long time ago.

·
.--. . -. .. ...
5,499 Posts
no kidding. I have been in the passenger's seat in an SS Camaro when the driver floored it. In a matter of seconds we were up to 140. I couldn't lift my head off the headrest. There is no possible way you could have beaten him w/out going full throttle, and you would have still been :eek:wned:

·
Registered
21 Posts
i have the exact same 325i (same year, same factory options) and i got smoked by my girlfriend's celica. 325 is not a fast car...sorry to break the news to you man.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts